I turned 38 and
May. 31st, 2017 04:16 pmI turned 38.
It was a bit depressing, the day of, because I had that sinking feeling, the one we often get, that nothing was coming of my life. And I got tricked into doing math: 12 years ago, I was 26, and in 12 years, I will be 50. Its kind of been a blur between then and now, and my life just feels like it is accelerating.
On a day to day level, I am busy, and I know lots of people, but I am a bit depressed at how thin my "real" relationships are. I feel lonely, even in the middle of this big city.
I am taking a couple days away from most forms of social media so that I can sleep and not be up at 2 AM, hitting refresh and still feeling lonely. Its working pretty well so far.
It was a bit depressing, the day of, because I had that sinking feeling, the one we often get, that nothing was coming of my life. And I got tricked into doing math: 12 years ago, I was 26, and in 12 years, I will be 50. Its kind of been a blur between then and now, and my life just feels like it is accelerating.
On a day to day level, I am busy, and I know lots of people, but I am a bit depressed at how thin my "real" relationships are. I feel lonely, even in the middle of this big city.
I am taking a couple days away from most forms of social media so that I can sleep and not be up at 2 AM, hitting refresh and still feeling lonely. Its working pretty well so far.
no subject
Date: 2017-06-24 07:56 pm (UTC)